At Achieve One were assisting our customers to build a leading-edge IT environment for their business requirements. We’re looking for an experienced and talented Senior Cloud Engineer to join the Engineering Services team at Achieve One. In this role you’ll be working on various projects for an array of customers wishing to leverage existing and new applications to take advantage of emerging Cloud Technologies. Provide migration assistance to our customers selected cloud providers while building in an improved application resiliency and the ability for customers to self-serve.
To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
- Provide hands on setup requirements for customers to leverage their installed tool sets or newly acquired capabilities to migrate applications to could providers, I.E. AWS, Azure etc.
- Design, develop and deliver scalable and automated cloud services architecture
- Develop APIs to simplify service consumption by end-users and engineers
- Enable resilience and high availability for numerous platforms, from bleeding-edge cloud applications to on-premise legacy environments
- Ensure full-stack software solutions are architected and delivered using industry-leading DevOps best practices and technologies
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Setup and deployment of cloud tenants according to industry best practices to include security and identity management components.
- Manage M365 tenants and orchestrate migrations.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Collaborate to define best practices and standards around DevOps and service resilience
- Create reusable automation libraries that can be applied across the enterprise
- Determine HA/DR, Security, Capacity, and Compliance strategies for existing and new applications
- Develop usage standards, user self-service designs, and reporting on application KPIs
- Create solutions to generate metrics to manage the service
- Optimize and support our existing public cloud or data center-based solutions and workloads
- Lead and Mentor customer Cloud Engineers
- 5+ years building full-stack software solutions, architected and delivered using industry-leading DevOps best practices and technologies
- 2+ years of full-stack IT experience: NSX (SD Network), Windows, hardware, network/firewall concepts, public cloud services, LDAP/Active Directory, DNS, automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Docker)
- Hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, ECS, and IAM)
- Hands-on experience with Orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- Understanding of security best practices and standards around cloud computing and access management
- Experience with various database technologies (NoSQL, SQL) and data interchange formats (XML, JSON)
- Understanding of VMware SDDC architecture and tool sets for managing Hybrid cloud
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related quantitative field or equivalent certifications and documented experience
- Travel Required Regionally
- Experience with the following technologies:
- AWS S3 tools
- Vault technologies
- Identity management
- M365 tenant Migrations
- Vnets and NSG
- IAC (Infrastructure as Code)
- SIEM Solutions
- Cloud Security Best Practices
- Elastic Search, Logstash, and Kibana
- VMWare SDDC tool sets
- Containerization – Docker, Kubernetes, Quay
- Azure Tool Stack
- AWS, Azure, GCP and VMware Certifications
The Ideal Candidate
- Deals well with customer teams learning tools and methodologies for Cloud Migration and Operations
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams and person
- Demonstrable knowledge of DevOps in an Enterprise setting, both on public cloud (AWS, Azure, Etc.) and on-premise VMware solutions
- Strong leadership
- Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others