Join Achieve One and help transform leading organizations and communities that are our customers. With the capabilities and client engagements, and the way we collaborate and operate to deliver value, all provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Achieve One and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
The Azure Data Engineer is responsible for building, implementing, and supporting Microsoft SQL and Cosmos DB solutions to meet market and/or client requirements. They apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes, and tools to support a client, project, or entity.
We are currently looking for engineers who have good technical expertise with Microsoft Azure and your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: design and implement data storage; design and develop data processing; design and implement data security; and monitor and optimize data storage and data processing. Additional skills like Oracle BI or Power BI reporting are welcome. As part of a collaborative team and under the supervision of a head of project, he/she will be responsible of designing and developing solutions to implement new features and support current applications.
- Manage DB Administration activities and installation and configuration of SQL servers
- Migrate existing SQL Server instances to Azure SQL or provision a new Azure SQL database.
- Set up and managing SQL replication
- Install, configure, and manage SQL clusters
- Backup and restore Azure SQL databases.
- Configure and monitor log shipping/Mirroring/AlwaysOn/Clustering
- Monitor and optimize the performance of Azure cloud database’
- Automate common management tasks using PowerShell.
- Database High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- Install and monitor Azure managed SQL instances
- Ensure adherence to customer backup/recovery policies in the cloud and on prem
- Manage database support issues
- Resolve database issues
- Implementation and maintenance of Azure Architecture and troubleshooting
- Install, configure, test, maintain and monitor the general health of database servers
- Azure DB modernization – Azure Cosmos Db or any other cloud NoSQL DB – Nice to have
- Oracle to SQL migration
- Provide technical design, coding assistance to the team to accomplish the project deliverables as planned/scoped.
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures and identify future opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure data & analytics PaaS services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data platform services including sizing, configuration, and needs assessment
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Work as a trusted advisor to our clients
- Ability to talk to client and get the Business Requirements
- Microsoft SQL experience on Azure, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory, and data warehousing background
- Application migration to cloud experience is required
- Microsoft development tools, Power BI, and SQL database experience
- Knowledge of Azure, DMA, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Experience in SQL 2012/2016/2019 development and administration
- In-depth understanding of SQL architecture
- Experience with replication topologies and components
- Expert knowledge in SQL clustering and availability groups
- Good experience implementing operational automation through SQL tools and PowerShell
- Good experience with cloud migration tasks (Azure)
- Possess or be prepared to learn and pass the MS Azure Data Engineer Associate certification (DP-203)
- Should be well versed with Data Structures & algorithms
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment.
- Good basic understanding of Azure – you will learn a lot a log the way at Achieve One
- Good Communication skills- Written and Verbal
- Languages: English, French (written and spoken)
- Pass OEM certifications, accreditations, etc. as needed